Back in August, I wrote a list of 35 things to do before 35. Now that I’m half way through the year, I thought I’d do a bit of an update and see how I’m getting on – and how many more I have to go!
- See a classical concert – No, I’ve not done this one yet. Still one for the list!
- Read Middlemarch – I started it… but it’s so boring… I might change this to ‘Sherlock Holmes, the complete stories.
- Go to the theatre to see a play – Yes, I’ve done this, as I took Ben to the pantomime!
- Watch 5 films – I’m sure I’ve watched 5 films. I might have to make a list.
- Learn to play something on the piano – I haven’t done this yet. I’m not sure that I actually will. I don’t really know what the purpose of it would be.
- Run 10k – No way!
- Have a Spa Day – Not yet (hint, hint)
- Create a capsule wardrobe for work – I’m working on this at the moment.
- Deal with my sugar addiction – Er… No.
- Be able to hold a plank for 3 minutes – No. Do we see a pattern emerging here?!
- Learn a Bible verse each month – Actually, this is closer to once a week with Mummy Meditations. I feel like my understanding of the Bible is really growing through this.
- Attend a conference – I’m going to the Captivated conference on 18th March and I’m really excited.
- Refine my prayer life – I haven’t started keeping a prayer journal. This one needs more work.
- Do a ‘Spiritual MOT’ – Ooh, yes, I’d still like to do this.
- Develop a Faith section on the blog – Yes, this is pretty well-established now. You can find it here: Faith posts.
- The beach – So far, we’ve made it to Lytham St Annes and Watchet, and we’re only six months in.
- Scotland – We’re hoping to go to Edinburgh at some point.
- A Yurt (and sleep in it) – Yes! Have a look at my post on The Little Yurt Meadow.
- Pendle Hill (and climb up it) – One for the summer months, I think.
- A city – We haven’t really been away anywhere, and Manchester doesn’t really count as we used to live there.
- A command centre – I have made this. I need to change it a bit and then I will photograph it and blog about it. I will. I promise.
- A photo wall of the children – Ben’s is done and ready to be hung up. Samuel’s photos are all taken but need printing off. So I’m nearly there.
- Christmas pudding – Oh no, I missed this one! Perhaps I’ll make next year’s pudding very, very early.
- A herb garden – I’ve made a good start on this because I bought some gorgeous herb pots from Aldi a few weeks ago. I’ll do more when it’s warmer.
- A different cake each month – We’ve definitely made cake each month. I need to keep track of this a bit more.
- Have a professional make up lesson – Ooh no, not yet. I’ll have to think about this one.
- Get a spray tan – Another one for the Spring. I have had Shellac now though, and it was brilliant.
- Go to a blogging conference – I’ve already bought my ticked for Blog On MSI in May.
- Have a monthly date night with my husband – This one is on-going. We’ve been out once or twice, and we actually have a whole date ‘day’ booked in next week.
- Make a YouTube video – Not yet, but I have done a few Facebook lives and I’m feeling a bit more confident about it. I’m hoping to learn lots about YouTube at Blog On MSI.
- Have a ‘Screen Free’ week – Another one for the summer I think!
- Meet up with friends we haven’t seen for ages – Yes! We’ve done this quite a few times, meeting up with friends from Manchester and having our old church housegroup over.
- Visit our old church in Manchester – Actually, this is hopefully happening tomorrow. We did have one visit planned but then Samuel was ill and it fell through. So hopefully tomorrow.
- Meet other bloggers in real life – Not yet, but I will. I feel like I’ve really got to know some other bloggers over the last few months so that’s good.
- Take an evening off once a week – I am trying to take Fridays off. We sometimes get a supermarket version of a takeaway (the takeaways around us aren’t great) and that becomes a bit of a date night – wow, we really know how to live, hey?!
Actually, I thought I was really behind. But I’d say, of my list of 35 things, 10 are ticked off, 9 are well under way, and 16 are still to go. So with 6 months of the year still to go, I should complete the list – or at least, the ones I want to complete. I think some of them are seasonal, and some are the things that I’m scared of – like committing to run 10k. So time to face the fears!
I know my list inspired a few other bloggers to make similar lists, including Farmer’s Wife and Mummy whose 40 before 40 list is very ambitious (she wants to shear a sheep and go clubbing in Ibiza). I’d love to know what you’d like to achieve before your next birthday – let me know in the comments!