Ben loves fire engines and anything associated with them. So when I saw that the Imagination Matters theme for this week was Emergency Services over at Mama vs Teacher, I knew I’d have to join in.
We’ve had a bit of a busy week so far, considering it’s the first week of the long-awaited summer holidays. We went swimming this morning for the first time since last August (this makes me feel like a terrible mother), and Ben was exhausted by the time we got back. He perked up once I got the painting stuff out though.
I set him painting while I set up the activity. The painting was all fire-related.
- A plant spray bottle
- Red card
- Black felt tip
- Fire-coloured chalk
- Wrap the card around the plant spray bottle. Fix in place with Sellotape.
- Add some ‘Instructions’ onto the bottle with Black Felt Tip.
- Fill your bottle with water.
- Go outside and draw some ‘fires’ on the ground.
- Let your little firefighter extinguish the fires with the plant sprayer.
Ben absolutely loved this game. As you can see, it was a bit wet and drizzly, but he kept going for a good 45 minutes, keeping that helmet on all the time.
I’m sure it will be played again and again over the next few weeks.