Sometimes it pays to be a smaller blogger! I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award, which is a way of connecting with and discovering new blogs. Ketchum Kitchen nominated me for this award, so please check out her blog – she has a whole section dedicated to sandwiches.
The rules are:
Nominate 11 other bloggers; they will answer my own 11 questions and nominate other 11 bloggers and do their 11 questions. It’s really important to mention their nominator too! This is how we all get connected and become a community of bloggers.
These are the questions that Ketchum Kitchen asked me:
- What is the inspiration for your blog?
- I’m mostly inspired by daily life, particularly things that happen to the children, or things that make our home life work more smoothly. I try to make my writing useful and real.
- When did you start your blog?
- Life by Naomi has been in existence for just over a year. I did blog before then, starting properly when I was on maternity leave with Ben in early 2013, so some of those posts have been transferred.
- What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
- A Sony NEX-5 and an iPhone. The proper camera (the Sony) is my husband’s, but I use it more than him these days.
- What would you tell someone who is thinking about starting a blog?
- Blogging is completely addictive. You can spend a fortune on it, or do it all for free. You will think about posts almost constantly, and there will never be enough time to write them! But it’s a brilliant way of being creative, of recording memories and having your own little corner of the Internet.
- What’s your favourite movie?
- I think it’s Forrest Gump. But it makes me cry every single time.
- What kind of blogs do you follow?
- A lot of UK-based parenting blogs, and some US-based ones too. Also some Interiors/Home Decor blogs and plenty of food blogs.
- What’s your favourite childhood memory?
- Swimming in an open-air pool for the first time. I still absolutely love swimming, especially in the sea.
- What’s your favourite food?
- Biscuits. Chocolate. Biscuits. Chocolate. Chocolate biscuits.
- What do you hope to learn to do better in 2016?
- I’d love to be able to take better photographs. After years of thinking I couldn’t do it as I’m not very visually creative, I’m starting to try new things. I’ve also become a bit addicted to Instagram, and I think that is helping me to up my photography game. But there’s so much to learn!
I’d also love to lean how to ice cakes properly. I can bake them, no problem, but I’m all thumbs when it comes to icing.
- Do you blog full-time or hope to one day?
- I would love to write full-time. Whether that looks like blogging or something else, that would be my dream.
- What kind of music do you like?
Arrgghh, I hate this question! I love stuff that I can bop around the kitchen to, or sing along to. I quite like a lot of folk music, but I have to be in the right mood (or drinking cider). And I’m a bit partial to Taylor Swift, but isn’t everyone?
Here are the blogs I’m nominating for the Liebster Award:
Here are the questions I’d love for you to answer:
- 1. Describe your blog in three words.
- 2. What inspired you to start blogging?
- 3. What is your top tip for writing a successful blog post?
- 4. What would you like your blog to look like in 3 years from now?
- 5. Who is the most influential person in your life?
- 6. What’s your earliest memory?
- 7. What is your greatest achievement?
- 8. Describe your perfect day.
- 9. If you could go to one country in the world, where would it be, and why?
- 10. What’s your most used word or phrase?
- 11. When were you last surprised by somebody?
I’m looking forward to seeing all of your posts and reading the answers to my questions everyone!
Please stop by and leave each of these hard-working bloggers some love. Thanks for stopping by!