Disclaimer: This is a collaborative post with JD Williams.
I am obsessed with the idea of a capsule wardrobe. A small number of pieces which work together and can combine to suit any occasion. I think a summer capsule wardrobe is ideal: our summer can be short but intense, and a small number of clothes that can be worn in combination works well.
This month, I’ve been looking at my own clothes as part of The Organised Life Project. I’ve worked out what suits me, particularly in colour combinations. Navy, white and pink work really well for summer, with a few accessories. I know maxi skirts work well if they are long enough: my legs are quite long in proportion to my body and I usually have to buy long length trousers even though I’m average height.
In terms of practicalities, all these clothes can be washed in the washing machine (essential for white jeans!) and are fairly affordable. They are also pretty forgiving on the tummy!
My Summer Capsule Wardrobe
Pink shell top
– This t-shirt is so flattering and perfect for work. It comes in several different fabrics too – find more here.
– This long t-shirt is so flattering and excellent quality. The cotton is really thick and it really skims over your lumps and bumps. I’m going to be wearing this one a lot this summer!
– This now appears to be sold out but you can find similar items by clicking the link.
– This vest is a kind of very fine knit. It fits quite loosely and is perfect with a tan.
– I love this skirt. I might live in it all summer. It’s super-flattering and super-long! Plus it’s really pretty. You can find more lovely skirts here.
– I don’t have these yet but they are on my list!
– Oasis actually have loads of tote bags in stock at the moment so it’s worth a good browse if you like this style.
So that’s my summer capsule wardrobe. I’m really please with it so far. Make sure you’re following me on Instagram
where I’ll be sure to post some outfits of the day!